Fixes that I want (LMDE RC)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
addegsson

Fixes that I want (LMDE RC)

Post by addegsson »

There are a couple of things I want to be fixed before the new release of LMDE comes out.

1. Include "firmware-brcm80211"-package so my broadcom wireless works out of the box.
2. Make compiz work.
3. You can't unlock Login Screen-settings and make changes (like auto-login).
4. Disable the annoying "beep" at startup, restart and shutdown, replace these with mint sounds instead.

malligt adds:

5. Remove the annoying kexec tools
6. Reinstall in the ISO the Mint Theme Sounds you expect to hear upon log-in (like in the main edition).
7. Be able to successfully print to a hp printer from the LMDE gnome LIVE DVD without getting the "foomatic error"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
malligt
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Fixes that I want (LMDE RC)

Post by malligt »

Adding to that list:

Remove the annoying kexec tools

Reinstall in the ISO the Mint Theme Sounds you expect to hear upon log-in (like in the main edition).

Be able to successfully print to a hp printer from the LMDE gnome LIVE DVD without getting the "foomatic error"
addegsson

Post by addegsson »

malligt wrote:Adding to that list:

Remove the annoying kexec tools

Reinstall in the ISO the Mint Theme Sounds you expect to hear upon log-in (like in the main edition).

Be able to successfully print to a hp printer from the LMDE gnome LIVE DVD without getting the "foomatic error"
Great! I will add these to the list at top.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Although i find interesting the users caring and concerns about the distro and its improvement, i find the general tone of this thread arrogant:
things I want to be fixed
could be
things i would like to see fixed
secipolla

Post by secipolla »

To disable the startup beep is easy: just edit the gdm3 conf file or probably installing the sound themes disables it automatically.
For the shutdown beep then I don't know (nor how to make GNOME work with a login/logout sound; actually I think there's a thread on this in Debian forum but it involves some hacks, IIRC).
The "Login Screen" app doesn't work in gdm3 2.30. I've wrote to Clem about that. I suggest to simply remove the desktop file for it so people won't complain of it not working. If there's time for it, a simple app could be made for that or a setting added to Mint's desktop manager as to enable auto-login it's just a matter of editing a file (for the next respin at least it would be a good addition as, for now, gdm3 3.0 also uses /etc/gdm3/daemon.conf for that).
* edit- actually automatic login can be set in the user account settings in GNOME 3 (didn't check if it works, though).

Return to “LMDE Archive”