blacked-out bootup

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
helios17

blacked-out bootup

Post by helios17 »

Apologies if this is covered but search isn't bringing anything up OR I'm not using the right strings...strong possibility of the second choice being correct.

So Far, this has only happened in mint, and only since the 3.0 release. Am currently running the 4.0 kde ce version and it is stellar, however as with all other of the mint distro's I've used, I am not seeing any verbose output upon boot. At first, I thought it was just a bad install and after about a minute, I would give it the old three-finger salute and get rid of it. It turns out that I just didn't wait long enough. At about 1.4 minutes, I will get a login. It does have a funny box in the corner with some cryptic numbers and symbols within but hitting enter and enter again allows me to login.

Any ideas here? I am not familiar with taking screenshots in this mode, only when I have X. I will post some screenshots if someone will tell me how to capture this area.

h
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: blacked-out bootup

Post by Husse »

Verbose output
Do you mean that you don't see a lot of text passing by instead of our nice boot splash?
That can be solved by editing /boot/grub/menu.lst
Or do you mean you don't see anything at all?
Your description of what happens seems really odd....

Return to “Installation & Boot”