Linus Torvalds: Windows Vista is over-hyped

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Linus Torvalds: Windows Vista is over-hyped

Post by scorp123 »

.... With the imminent release of Windows Vista to consumers this month, Linus Torvalds, the father of Linux, has claimed Microsoft's latest desktop effort is over-hyped and not a revolutionary advancement.

"I don't actually think that something like Vista will change how people work that much," Torvalds told Computerworld. "I think it, to some degree, has been over-hyped as being something completely new and I don't actually think it is."

Read the rest here:
http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/ ... p;2;fpid;1
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

I think the only thing 'revolutionary' about Vista is the level of content protection that will occur. That is scary enough, and will probably have some eventual impact on Linux.

Other than that, the original plans for Vista have been toned down due to development problems and the fact that they had to get a product out soon to recover some of the tremendous costs associated with Vista (estimated by some to be over $10 billion).
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

HASTA LA VI$TA :lol: Enjoy Linux Mint 8)

Return to “Open Chat”