- LMDE updated around 10.6.2011 (working well, then traveling 2M)
- HDMI (picture, sound) OK with HDMI on LCD-TV (also in new location)
(HW: Dell Inspiron Zino HD with RS780 Azelia controller Digital Stereo (HDMI))
When I found that MintUpdate claimed "packages broken", I run
- Code: Select all
apt-get install -f && apt-get clean && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
All was looking OK and looks to be up to date (as per MintUpdate as well), but found no sound
(System Monitor: kernel 3.0.0.-1-amd64, Gnome 3.0.2)
I have checked sound settings several times
- not muted (100%)
- Sound Pref / Output "RS780 ....(HDMI) stereo"
- Sound pref /hardware Profile "digital stereo (HDMI) output"
- all sounds missing (VLC medial player, system sounds).
Where to start fixing?