Upgrading from Cassandra

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
flammenwurfer
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading from Cassandra

Post by flammenwurfer »

Will it be possible and or a pain in the butt to upgrade from Cassandra KDE to Daryna KDE when it's done?

I currently have Sidux on my laptop, but can't get everything to work on it. KDE Cassandra is the one distro that has worked the best on my laptop. I would like to be able to put it back on there for now since KDE Daryna isn't done yet, and we don't have any idea when it will be done. But I want to be able to easily upgrade to it when it's done (if the issue with media controls from the beta is fixed).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Upgrading from Cassandra

Post by Boo »

Daryna KDE will be out very soon.
It will not be an easy upgrade from Cassandra to Daryna, and I would not recommend it.
Make sure you create a /home partition so when you reinstall you do not lose your important stuff.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
flammenwurfer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flammenwurfer »

Excellent! That's what I wanted to hear. I'll just hold off on installing til Daryna is out then.

Out of curiosity. Did you get a chance to look into the issues with the media controls that quit working between Cassandra and the Daryna betas?
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

No I forgot about those media controls...
I don't know if a patch fixes it either since I am now assuming most patches break stuff, epically security ones.
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
flammenwurfer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by flammenwurfer »

Dangit! That's one of the biggest complaints I've had with other distros, and Mint KDE Cassandra has been the only one that they've worked with.

Do you know what package or settings are responsible for those working? Maybe I could figure it out on my own.

Return to “Software & Applications”