Gtk3 themes in LMDE to fix the "broken themed applications"

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
thermodynamics4

Re: Gtk3 themes in LMDE to fix the "broken themed applicatio

Post by thermodynamics4 »

[quote=

as you can see both work pretty well on LMDE :D[/quote]

The last one with brown background is amazingly good looking, Very, very, nice theme!!
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Thank you kindly.
Glad you like it.
there will be another one soon if you like metal themes, I'll post it once I have it all done (the shell) then again once I have the meta city and gtk finished.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

and you should be proud sam, it's a great theme!!
glad you liked it, thermodynamics4 8)
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Thanks zero just never satisfied with my own work as usual.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

Just to give everyone a sneak peak at the new one I'm making called heavy metal.
It will be gtk3 with a gnome3 shell when done
newshot.jpg
Still to do, about 3/4 of it just for the shell
add a metal background, metal scrollbar, do a better design on the panel sections (left,right,middle) add all the buttons, metal frame around the words, Windows, Applications etc, and a whole wack more.
I actually might keep this one for my own use for once after its done, that'll be a first :lol:
Got the wife on fedora with gnome 3 now so if she likes gnome 3 you might see a pink theme in the works for all the women.
Didn't want to give her a mismash of different things to put it together like I got going right now.
Whne LMDE gets to gnome3 I'll switch her back.
bwat47

Post by bwat47 »

Does this still work? I think zukitwo might need a newer unico version now, is a newer version installible in LMDE?
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

I've recently installed Unico 1.0.1-0ubuntu1 in LMDE, and it works fine. As far as I know that's the latest version.
samriggs

Post by samriggs »

bwat47 wrote:Does this still work? I think zukitwo might need a newer unico version now, is a newer version installible in LMDE?
If your talking about my heavy metal one, it should still work to a point, The bar in activities I added needs to be fixed to work now in gnome 3.2 (it stretches instead of being placed where I put it).
I don't use gnome 3 anymore so I don't have a computer to update my themes but I put it out that if anyone wants to update them to gnome 3.2 then let me know the link where you put it so I can add that link to the themes so anyone who wants the updated version can download it.
If anyone wants to make it better that's fine also, or change it to whatever they want.
But when I tried it with gnome 3.2 it worked for the most part, just some minor changes need to be done.
I'm using xfce now because it works better for the work I need to do on this thing for me, (just a personal preference for me).
I have 4 gnome 3 themes that need to be updated for folks, anyone wants to do this just let me know the link so others can know where to download it at and thank you in advance for anyone who winds up doing it.
The link to all the gnome 3 themes I made is here
Sam
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

The Unico theme engine is now available in the Unstable repository as a straight Debian package, i.e not Ubuntu: gtk3-engines-unico. The latest version is 1.0.1-1.
drcasper

Post by drcasper »

Non of GTK3 theme works with my LMDE SP3 (testing) GNOME 3.0.2.
Calc & Terminal & System Monitor not loading GTK3 theme.

Any solution for this?

Return to “LMDE Archive”