Linux mint video demonstration ????

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
gazza

Linux mint video demonstration ????

Post by gazza »

Hi

Wouldn't it be great if one of the gurus of Linux mint uploaded a video link demonstration on the Home page or redirect it to Youtube, of all the great toys that Mint has and instructions for installing...partitioning...configuring the desktop and wireless and updating etc...etc.... to show off Linux mint to attract newbie's and so on.

I personally think Mint would/should become the No1 Linux distro if this was to be applied.
And would be most helpful for Window/Mac users wanting to make the switch to help them make up their mind.

Perhaps even the Netbook Manufacturers would take it upon themselves to install it, if they were see a Video Demo of Mint and how it works much better than the others for newbie's first introduction to the Linux World.

I would love to see the unpaid developers and contributors to this great operating system/site get rewarded for their free time and ideas.

P.S I've only being using Mint for two weeks and click on some adverts, when I lurk on the forums to generate some income for the site/Developers! :mrgreen:

Thanks for helping me make the switch. :D
Katzedecimal

Re: Linux mint video demonstration ????

Post by Katzedecimal »

There are many good Youtube videos demonstrating Linux Mint, including one demonstrating how to use the new MintInstall. This suggestion would be easy to implement, if not on the Mint homepage somewhere, then on the Wiki.
Alexio

Re: Linux mint video demonstration ????

Post by Alexio »

You can now join the Linux Mint Community Videos website.

Anyone can submit links for videos that are hosted on various websites, not only videos from YouTube.

You can register as a user of the Linux Mint Community Videos website using your Facebook, Twitter, OpenID, Google account or create a new separate account. Just use the "Login" button from the bottom of the video pages, on the left.

I would like to mention that all the videos included in the Linux Mint Community Videos website are only aggregated from various public sources in one central location. The videos are controlled by their creators and hosted on other websites.

Every day I am searching for new videos and the collection is growing. Now there are about 400 selected videos posted in the following categories:

1. Choose Your Desktop (customized desktop, Fluxbox, GNOME, KDE, LXDE, Xfce)

2. Play with Linux Mint (Drawing, Gaming and Multimedia on Linux Mint)

3. Video Reviews

4. Video Tutorials

5. Zoom on GNU/Linux

Everybody is invited to submit Linux Mint related videos that are hosted on various websites, not only videos from YouTube or Vimeo.

The Linux Mint Community Videos website already has tags and categories for each video. The visitors can easily search for a specific video.

To help promoting Linux Mint you can visit the Linux Mint Community Video website and submit new videos.

A bookmarklet allows you to add videos to this website without having to return on this page.

To spread the word about Linux Mint you can add a video widget to your blog or website.

There is a link to the Linux Mint page on DistroWatch available on each video page that can be used to make Linux Mint more popular. Also, there you can see the latest posts from Twitter related to Linux Mint and promote Linux Mint on a popular website about software alternatives.

On the About page you can find the latest links and discussions about Linux Mint posted on a social news website.

You can find out more about the Linux Mint Community Videos on the community website.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”