LMDE KDE

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Archdevil

LMDE KDE

Post by Archdevil »

Hi all and especially Clem!

There has been talk about LMDE KDE edition for quite some time now, but all this talk has been pretty vague.
As I am looking for a new distro and LMDE KDE would be my ultimate distro of choice the questions are:

* Can we expect a LMDE KDE edition?
* If yes, can you tell us approximately when we can expect it?

Thanks!

Archie :evil:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thatsallurspaceships

Re: LMDE KDE

Post by thatsallurspaceships »

From what i've read in the forums that there will be. You can be sure it will happen to work on KDE after LMDE is released, if not someone might do KDE. http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 01#p447301 You can try LMDE 201108 RC and see if it suits to your likings. We will see. :)
Archdevil

Post by Archdevil »

Thanks for replying, but your "answer" is a bit too vague for me.
I remember Clem saying somewhere that IF a LMDE KDE version would come, it would be in august.

And because I am really waiting for it, I would like to know if it is worth waiting for it, of that I should pursue a different course............
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

You can go here http://community.linuxmint.com/iso/view/76 and read the last that Clem has posted on the KDE iso testing page to get a good idea of the direction he is going.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
craig10x

Post by craig10x »

Clem said Boo (who does the kde edition) has to wait until gnome LMDE is "final released" before completing his work on the KDE version of it...and gnome LMDE should be out in the next few weeks...I would imagine you'll probably see it by early October or perhaps sooner...just a guess based on his comments...

Return to “Non-technical Questions”