Firefox beta?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
melltuga

Firefox beta?

Post by melltuga »

Is it possible to install the Firefox Beta in LMDE? I've been googling around but couldn't really find anything of use.

And another thing that's been bugging me for a long time; when I'm trying to remove mint-stylish-addon and the mint-search-addon synaptic wants to remove mint-meta-common and mint-meta-xfce as well. Is there any way around this? I know that I can just disable these addons in Firefox, but is there a way to delete them?

Thanks in advance,

mT
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
secipolla

Re: Firefox beta?

Post by secipolla »

For the firefox beta you would probably have to download it from mozilla, extract it and use it (you can use /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop from the Mint package by just editing the paths for the 'Exec', 'TryExec' and 'Icon' keys - so if you remove the firefox package make a backup of that file beforehand).

As for the meta-package, you could drop to the command-line (logout), uninstall those packages, then reinstall all the dependencies of mint-meta-common and mint-meta-xfce
linuxmint-keyring debian-system-adjustments fortunes-husse grub2-theme-mint mint-translations mintbackup mintdesktop mintinstall mintmenu mintnanny mintsystem mintupdate-debian mintupload mintwelcome mintwifi p7zip cups-pdf command-not-found mint-meta-codecs mint-info-xfce mint-artwork-xfce gtk2-engines-xfce xfce4-xfapplet-plugin thunar thunar-archive-plugin thunar-media-tags-plugin thunar-shares-plugin thunar-thumbnailers thunar-volman xfce4-appfinder xfce4-mixer xfce4-panel xfce4-places-plugin xfce4-session xfce4-settings xfce4-utils xfconf xfdesktop4 xfce4-screenshooter xfwm4 network-manager-gnome network-manager-pptp-gnome
vrkalak

Re: Firefox beta?

Post by vrkalak »

You might have a look, at this Thread > http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=75733

As it outlines the How-to: for installing Firefox-Aurora in both Mint (Ubuntu) and LMDE(Debian).
The procedures are different for each. But it is easily 'do-able'

Return to “LMDE Archive”