Streamtuner Woes

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Streamtuner Woes

Post by rcdeacon »

I have been trying to get Streamtuner to work with live 365 streams and it is a NO-GO! I went to their site and it seems that there have been some problems with changes made with live 365 but does anyone know how to get live 365 to work in Streamtuner?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
Husse

Re: Streamtuner Woes

Post by Husse »

This is what the homepage of streamtuner states

Status

I am no longer working on streamtuner. At the time of this writing (December 3, 2007), the latest release still works well (except for the Live365 support), but it is unlikely that there will be another release of streamtuner in its current form.

So I think you're out of luck...
rcdeacon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rcdeacon »

Husse, thanks for the reply. Sorry that streamtuner in its current state won't work but I can use some of the stations in Amarok and other players I just liked some aspects of streamtuner.
Neither is there in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12.
Dell Dimension 4600, 1g, Nvidia 5500, Mint 4.0, Mepis 7.0, XP
Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi, 1g, Sis 760, Mint 4.0
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

I have to agree I'm used to streamtuner for a quick pick and listen interface. I did go to live.365.com and you can search and play the streams via the site. They play through xmms.

Post by Guest »

If you want to install & use Streamtuner/ripper with Amarok then click edit, preferences. I had to enlarge the window and change the options for the player from xmms %q to amarok %q and all is well, ahhhhh. Time for testing Streamripper, yup it is happy too. :lol:

This is looking mighty fine considering I haven't even installed Daryna.

The ONLY minor grips I have so far is the color scheme of Amarok insn't, well, Minty but we can fix that easy. I am not too sure on the menu setup yet either. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks sometimes.

Return to “Sound”