Too fast too furious!

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vikrang

Too fast too furious!

Post by vikrang »

OMG !....Not exaggerating ... I have tried all the distros in the top 100 of DWatch , even the BSDs just as a passtime ...I even had Linux Mint regular for some time but switched over to peppermint bcoz it was starting to become more ubuntuized with lot of bulk....

LMDE (GNOME) is too fast and snappy on my AMD Athlon. Even the Live CD which is supposedly slow as to the read speed loaded in under 5 secs!....It was flawless...
The apps are highly responsive and the boot and shut off time is also snappy....

Also my USB Dlink wireless adapter (DWA125) whiich uses rta2870, was recognized instantly and to my surprise , it showedd all 5 bars in the signal strength as against the 2 or 3 shown by other distros...Honestly , I dont understand this (or could this be a bug?? :wink: )

Think this will be my mainstay for some time to come

Hats off Mint on this one!! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Too fast too furious!

Post by Monsta »

vikrang wrote:Also my USB Dlink wireless adapter (DWA125) whiich uses rta2870, was recognized instantly and to my surprise , it showedd all 5 bars in the signal strength as against the 2 or 3 shown by other distros...
Hmm, now that reminds me that I still want to make my DWA-140 (also rt2870 inside) work in host ap mode... :D
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Too fast too furious!

Post by tdockery97 »

Congratulations on finding the best Mint has to offer.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1

Return to “LMDE Archive”