Network-Manager repeated disconnects from wireless.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cdysthe

Network-Manager repeated disconnects from wireless.

Post by cdysthe »

Hi,

I have fully updated (latest repo) LMDE on two laptops and a desktop computer. The laptops have Intel wireless cards while the desktop computer has a D-Link wireless card. They all connect to my U-verse router (2wire). Common for all is that they disconnect from the wireless networks approximately 3 times per hour at random intervals. It happens both during heavy traffic and when idle. I first thought it was kernel related and tried another kernel, but the problem was still there. Then I replaced network-manager with wicd on one of the laptops, and that one stays on the wireless network without any disconnects (has been on for 36 hours straight while I'm writing this). Is there anything I can do to get network-manager to behave reliably, or should I wait for an update that may solve the problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Network-Manager repeated disconnects from wireless.

Post by viking777 »

Well if wicd works for you my friend then just use wicd - problem solved - no?
cdysthe

Re: Network-Manager repeated disconnects from wireless.

Post by cdysthe »

viking777 wrote:Well if wicd works for you my friend then just use wicd - problem solved - no?
Well, using wicd is a workaround. I would prefer using Network-Manager since it's still being developed while wicd doesn't seem to be in development anymore (according to the IRC channel topic).

Return to “LMDE Archive”