tasty menu replacement (kbfx) kills kicker

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dracorX

Re: tasty menu replacement (kbfx) kills kicker

Post by dracorX »

Hi

Yes, I (being kbfx team member) have a solution. It is in the kbfxconfig app (which you can start by rightclicking on kbfx and call configure...

You then select the group "Themes" and unmark the check box "Watch system installs". This will solve your problem.

Normally, kicker only flickers on new install if the checkbox is marked, but in some configurations it crashes.

greetings
dracor
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
molom

Post by molom »

Kbfx does look a lot better than tasty menu in my opinion. Will it be Mint KDE default menu in the next release?

Cheers,
molom
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

Hehe, nice proposal. Thanks

Me, I didn't want to ask as I am involved in kbfx ;-)

I like it very much more, and the next version will have new interesting features like e.g. TOM (task oriented menu). Our only problem is that we don't have too many developers, so sometimes it takes some time to have new, enhanced releases. I don't know which version you have, but we're having keyboard support also built in now, though I think not in the current stable release. You could count on the kbfx team, anyway, as I am a passionate mint user and a long time involved team member of kbfx.

BTW: I personally think that after kbfx, tasty menu is the next best option.

OK, just a little bit advertisment for sthg that is in my heart ;-)

Greetings
dracor
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

Hello

Thats true that the favourites isn't implemented yet. But hey, we do have a nice plugin infrastructure and if anyone being able to code is interested, he can code such a plugin. I'd be glad to include such a patch ;-)
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

Yes it does look good so I will have to investigate further.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!

Return to “Software & Applications”