The donation page and languages (Solved)

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
holadebeto

The donation page and languages (Solved)

Post by holadebeto »

I clicked on the Linux donation page root@Linuxmint and it was in English. My mother tongue is also English.

Then after filling in the info and putting my Panama Address, it switched to Spanish.

It would be really nice to keep the page in English and have the language of the address entered as optional? I think that there are probably many people whose mother tongue is not the language of the country they live in, and it would satisfy our minority of folks. Google pops up to translate the webpage, but I can translate better than Google and I still don't understand much of a form such as yours in Spanish.

This may seem nit picky, but when I start on a page in English, it would be cool to continue the process in English as it was my choice in the first place.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: The donation page and languages

Post by xenopeek »

The website where you are doing the payment on is PayPal. I think this is the page you are talking about? If you enter your country, PayPal sometimes switches the language used on its page also (it did this last time I used PayPal, bu retrying it now I can't reproduce it :?). This is a PayPal feature, I think outside the control of Linux Mint team.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

I can confirm, this has to do with Paypal and it is outside our control at the moment.
holadebeto

Post by holadebeto »

Thanks, that makes all the sense in the world. Google also does it, and some other major webpages.
buen dia

Return to “Non-technical Questions”