LMDE with LXDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Zazzman

LMDE with LXDE

Post by Zazzman »

I was excited to hear about the new release of more recent LMDE isos, so I tried one out the Gnome one. It's beautiful, but I'm more interested in LXDE.

But it turns out lxdm, the display manager for LXDE isn't even in the repositories! Neither is lxmenu. I am disappoint.

Well, I guess I'll be adding repositories.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: LMDE with LXDE

Post by tdockery97 »

You will probably have to change your repositories from the Mint Debian repos designed to work with the update packs to the normal Debian Testing repositories. On checking I find that I do have both lxde and xdm available through Synaptic Package Manager.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Zazzman

Post by Zazzman »

tdockery97 wrote:You will probably have to change your repositories from the Mint Debian repos designed to work with the update packs to the normal Debian Testing repositories. On checking I find that I do have both lxde and xdm available through Synaptic Package Manager.
Xdm is in there, yes. But that's not quite what I was hoping for. Lxdm is more my flavor. The lxde metapackage is incomplete.

I'm also having trouble getting synaptic to recognise the debian repositories. But no matter, lxdm isn't in there.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

Why not take that software from the source and compile it yourself..
http://lxde.org/
http://lxde.org/download
  • Install LXDE and Debian GNU/Linux into your computer
    Thanks to Debian GNU/Linux project for making LXDE easily available. However, there is no installer available in Debian Live image yet. Nevertheless, if you want to install it into your computer system, you can use Debian XFCE+LXDE installation CD image available below:
jeffreyC

Post by jeffreyC »

The Debian package devs have tried several times to package Lxdm for Debian without success.
You might try Lightdm, it is in the Debian repos.
Debian Live had an installer when I tried it.

Return to “LMDE Archive”