Lost-in-the-Box

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

Lost-in-the-Box

Post by vrkalak »

For Fluxbox user info: I have taken up Admin/Mod duties of the only *box oriented Forum, on the interwebs.

Fluxbox users please visit the LostintheBox Forum ... we need to build up our *box base.

Forum specifically for Blackbox/Fluxbox users > http://lostinthebox.com

I am trying to get the other Forum Admins to add Openbox to the LostintheBox sources.
Since, like Fluxbox, Openbox was based on Blackbox.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Imhoteps

Re: Lost-in-the-Box

Post by Imhoteps »

Thanks for sharin`, man! Site is kinda interesting (umma flux-addict).
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

As you will come to know, I am an avid Fluxbox user ... Fluxbox is closely based on Blackbox.

Currently, have both Mint-9 Fluxbox LTS and LMDE, using Fluxbox.

I also, do not use Windows or any other MS product.
I have no distaste for MS or those that do use it.
You have to use what works for you and meets your computer needs.

I have searched the internets and can find no forums for Fluxbox - and LostintheBox being the only Forum for Blackbox.

Fluxbox is still closely based on Blackbox. Some say that, Fluxbox is the natural progression of Blackbox.
Fluxbox is a basic Blackbox; with a few more things added for user-friendliness.
Not to take anything away from the base-Blackbox build ... the BB-Devs did an awesome job.
I use many of the BB scripts, themes/styles and apps with Flux -- they seems to be pretty much forward and backward compatible.

Openbox, was also, based on Blackbox but has grown more apart/distant from the BB-base, with using and building it's own configs and apps.
Although, Openbox seems to be growing in popularity -- it is not as well documented as Fluxbox is.

In the spirit of 'growing' the LostintheBox Forum, we have added a Section to the Forum specifically for Fluxbox.

I would like to see the LostintheBox Forums become, "the place to go" for everything Blackbox and Fluxbox related.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Good luck in your new post, vrkalak. Know you'll do it justice.
Scorpio_Snake

Post by Scorpio_Snake »

What is up with the forum? It appears that someone killed it. You can't post without having posts approved and either someone is very strict on what will be approved or there is no one to approve posts. It is sad as there isn't any place for fluxbox fans to gather.
d00med

Post by d00med »

Scorpio_Snake wrote:What is up with the forum? It appears that someone killed it. You can't post without having posts approved and either someone is very strict on what will be approved or there is no one to approve posts. It is sad as there isn't any place for fluxbox fans to gather.

There was a mod there who was working tirelessly to deal with a huge spam problem, and unfortunately, he passed away. The community for bb4win, on which the forum was based, has largely moved on to other things, so there's very little activity going on there.

Return to “Software & Applications”