How do you make window transparent? [SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jp734

How do you make window transparent? [SOLVED]

Post by jp734 »

When I open terminal, the whole window is transparent. Is there a way to setup other windows like in File Manager, Web Browser, etc... transparent? I am using Mint 9 Isadora. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: How do you make window transparent?

Post by richyrich »

Menu -> Settings -> Window Manager Tweaks -> Compositor tab . . :)
jp734

Post by jp734 »

Thanks for a quick reply.

When I click on Settings>Window Manager Tweaks, nothing happens. Is this because I have compiz running?
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Oh ! . . . . You cannot have two compositors running at the same time !

I don't use compiz (completely un-installed) , so if you want transparency with compiz , you are on your own ! good luck !

http://wiki.compiz.org/
jp734

Post by jp734 »

Okay. I tried stopping compiz and ran Windows Manager Tweaks and I it started. Clicked on Compositor but was unable to make windows transparent. I was able to do it on the title bar but that's about it and I already have that with compiz. I'll be more than willing to check it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything but if you know exactly where to go, I'll appreciate it. Thanks again.
jp734

Re: How do you make window transparent? [SOLVED]

Post by jp734 »

I did some research on Compiz and was able to find a way to make your whole window transparent. You have to click on hold ALT and using your wheel on your mouse adjust the opacity.

Have fun!
kfletcher68

Re: How do you make window transparent? [SOLVED]

Post by kfletcher68 »

Awesome. Thanks for the reply on how to make your windows transparent. I am using compiz and the 'ALT' middle scoll wheel did trick. Thanks!!

Return to “Xfce”