Canon Printer Driver Installation

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
shempshere

Canon Printer Driver Installation

Post by shempshere »

I know that out of the box both Linux Mint 11 and now the latest release of Linux Mint Debian do not support certain Canon printer types, such as the MF4150, but there is a printer driver (see below) that can be installed to support these printers. I have been able to install this driver on Linux Mint 11 but for some reason not able to install it on the latest release of LMDE. The installer reports an unsatisfied dependency for "cupsys" which appears to be already installed as part of the base.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

http://support-sg.canon-asia.com/conten ... 70807.html
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Elisa

Re: Canon Printer Driver Installation

Post by Elisa »

Hello,

type (copy/paste) here the whole error message.
Maybe (re)installing the dependencies will help you.

Or maybe *but this is a bit else) - this could help you too.
acerimusdux
Level 5
Level 5

Post by acerimusdux »

Just a couple thoughts:

1. that's probably a 32-bit driver, so may not work if you are running a 64-bit Mint.
2. the notes say the driver requires Ghostscript; so you might want to check that ghostscript, ghostscript-cups, and ghostscript-x are installed.
shempshere

Post by shempshere »

Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for the delay in responding as I was consumed with some work stuff.

In response to your suggestions / comments:

- I am running the 32-bit version of LMDE as this is an older PC.
- I will double-check the dependencies you noted to make sure they are present.

Also and for what it is worth, I did a separate test to see if it would help the troubleshooting process by installing Mepis 11 on a Virtual Box VM and was able to successfully install the Canon drivers. I know that is an entirely different distro but I wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong in the installation process.

Updates to follow later this evening.

Thanks.

Return to “LMDE Archive”