Is there a good torrent client with labels and auto-move?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
focalguy
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a good torrent client with labels and auto-move?

Post by focalguy »

Hello everyone, I'm somewhat new to Linux Mint although I've tried some of the releases in the past starting with Bea. I am dual-booting with XP right now but I'm really trying to get everything set up to make the switch completely to Linux. Part of that preparation has been storing many of my files (including torrents) on my homemade NAS box.

I had been using uTorrent in XP and very much like the feature of labeling my torrents and having them moved to a new directory based on the label after the download finished. I have all my torrents in different directories and would like to keep the same setup. I'm currently running the LinuxMint KDE edition and so started kTorrent last night. I had my own issues with it and will probably start another thread about those but my main question is can I label my downloads in kTorrent or another torrent client and have them automatically moved to another folder when complete? I'm open to other suggestions of keeping things organized but this way has worked for me so far.

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Noob Saibot
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Is there a good torrent client with labels and auto-move?

Post by Noob Saibot »

I use deluge and it seems to work well and they have the plugins you want (at least auto-move dunno what you mean by labels.) You can download the latest .deb from their website too. Good Luck!
Enjoying the Mint Experience
"(to touch the earth is to have harmony with nature)" -hippy
focalguy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by focalguy »

Thanks, I'll check out Deluge.

The labels thing is a uTorrent term -- probably not standard. You label your torrents when you begin them and when they finish, they move to a directory with the same name as the label. Auto-move is the same basic functionality though.
cptnwinky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by cptnwinky »

I am in the exact same boat you are (scary, its almost to a T) and just last night was trying to find a torrent client that was comparable to uTorrent, since I had become so accustomed to uTorrents fantastic UI and loads of features. What I discovered and have been using since last night is qBittorent. I never personally used the labeling and automoving features of uTorrent so I am not too sure whether qBittorent supports these features fully but it has satisfied me immensely thus far and it at least gives you another option for a quality torrent client.
focalguy
Level 1
Level 1

Post by focalguy »

Another option is always good!

As long as I can keep my torrents organized then I'll be happy. Having over 100 or or more and it gets to be a bit cluttered. I don't want to just move them without continuing to seed either so a program that makes it easy would be nice.

First looks at the screenshots for qBittorrent are nice. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”