WINE 1.3.29 issue

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
hirwen

WINE 1.3.29 issue

Post by hirwen »

Hi to all

I installed Wine as described by tdockery97. The version installed is : 1.3.29. I'm using LMDE 201108
Issue: windows appears when some exe (not all) are opened, with winvdm trouble warming and closes the app.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hairybiker
Level 4
Level 4

Re: WINE 1.3.29 issue

Post by hairybiker »

Have you checked the App database at winhq.org? It maybe that the app you are trying to run doesn't play nice with wine (some don't)
hirwen

Post by hirwen »

Have you checked the App database at winhq.org?
Thanks hairybiker. No I haven't checked them, but they work fine with the oldest version 1.2.3 and I use it since a long time with Ubuntu 10.4 LTS.
It seems that programs intalled work correctly, but the issue comes with .exe and command line tools. I will chek the WINE registry to see if something is missing.
hirwen

Post by hirwen »

I removed the version 1.3.29 of wine, and installed the 1.0.1 available from unstable repos (available when I installed lmms).
All work fine with. Command line tools need to insert a new path variable in the registry. That not solves the issue with the version 1.3.29.

Return to “LMDE Archive”