Wine Installation in Mint 11

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
skgolamrasul

Wine Installation in Mint 11

Post by skgolamrasul »

I want to know how to install Wine in Mint 11? Is there any offilne installer and how and where i can download? Please anyone help me. Actually I have no internet connection right now. Plz help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Wine Installation in Mint 11

Post by xenopeek »

Open Software Manager, search for "wine", click the wine package, click the Install button. :shock:

I would suggest the next thing you do is download the Linux Mint User Guide in your language, and read it. It explains the various ways to find and install software.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

On a Mint 11 computer with internet access, you can run this command:
apt download wine

It'll download a lot of .deb files which you can copy. You can then install the files, but sometimes it'll give you a red message that another package has to be installed first.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Isnt it apt-get install wine ? because apt-get wine is only downloading it...
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

The OP wants to be able to download Wine on another computer to install it manually.

By the way, skgolamrasul, you cannot get internet connection by installing the driver in Wine. If you want to get internet connection on Linux, please open a topic in the Networking > Wireless category.
skgolamrasul

Post by skgolamrasul »

Actually I want to know is there any option to install wine without installation via internet directly such as offline installer.
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

skgolamrasul wrote:Actually I want to know is there any option to install wine without installation via internet directly such as offline installer.
No, you cannot get WINE offline as it is not included in Linux Mint by default.
You CAN ,however, go to an internet cafe or the library and download the WINE sourcecode from this website http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/, save it to your flashdrive, go home to your computer and compile it.
(I wish there was an easier way, like downloading a .deb file, but there isn't)
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

For compiling you need a lot of development packages as dependency. Those packages aren't preinstalled. You can however go to a cafe with Wifi (if there's one near you) and install Wine from there.
karliet

Post by karliet »

if you can get to a computer with internet access and have a way to transfer data (flash drive, cd, floppy, external hard drive)
heres the latest stable release page
http://www.winehq.org/download/ubuntu

(edit: if you have to the library's in (almost) every city have free internet access and computers you can use)

Return to “Installation & Boot”