Unmet dependencies preventing package installation

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
travlemon

Unmet dependencies preventing package installation

Post by travlemon »

Hello,

I recently installed Mint 10 KDE, as Mint 11 isn't available yet with KDE. I have applied a patch to Wine, and need to recompile now. To do that, I need to install a slew of package dependencies. When trying to install a lot of packages, I get an error about unmet dependencies. Below is a sample message on just one of the packages I'm trying to install:

Code: Select all

libcups2-dev:
 Depends: libgnutls-dev but it is not going to be installed
I haven't tampered with my software sources at all, and I have done system updates already. I tried running sudo apt-get clean and sudo apt-get autoclean. I tried enabling more software sources that were unchecked by default. I can't find any way to make the problematic packages install. Am I missing something here?

Any help is much appreciated!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
travlemon

Re: Unmet dependencies preventing package installation

Post by travlemon »

I would also like to mention that after some tinkering, I figured out that adding the WINE PPA has caused this. With a VirtualBox copy of the OS, I was able to select any of the packages without a problem. Once I added the WINE PPA and reloaded the package list in Synaptic, I started receiving that error when trying to mark the package(s) for installation.

I know that in my first post, I mentioned that I didn't tamper with repositories, though I added the WINE PPA. I should have worded it differently, I didn't disable or remove any default repositories.

But now, I totally removed the WINE PPA and I still get the errors even after reloading the package list. I'm not quite sure what to do about this, I will keep playing around to see if I can revive it.

Return to “Software & Applications”