KDE 4.0? It sure looks sweet

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: KDE 4.0? It sure looks sweet

Post by Husse »

We're too close to release I think
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

Mint 4.0 KDE Edition should be out soon, too soon to include KDE4. But there is always Mint 5 KDE, which should be out in about 6 months, by which time the KDE guys will of had time to squash some of the bugs (KDE4 is supposed to be very buggy at the moment)

In fact, you aren't really missing out on anything, because I don't think KDE4 will be widely adopted by any Distros for 6 months anyways.
Sorensei
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Sorensei »

It does look sweet, but it seems a massive amount of degguging still remains before it's ready to use without driving you up the walls... So if we can have it in Mint 5, it probably be a lot smoother... ;-)
I don't have a solution, but I do admire the problem.
dracorX

Post by dracorX »

btw:

I have seen that kde 4 runs even on eeePC.
on kdedevelopers someone pointed out he has now plasma on his Neo1973 aka openmoko

hehe
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

dracorX wrote:btw:

I have seen that kde 4 runs even on eeePC.
on kdedevelopers someone pointed out he has now plasma on his Neo1973 aka openmoko

hehe
KDE4 is less resource intensive than the current KDE. So the Eee PC will actually run faster with KDE4.

Return to “Software & Applications”