Problem with synaptic

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
twa

Problem with synaptic

Post by twa »

Hi,
am running LMDE updated to pack 3 w-out any problem. Just discovered I'm not able to use synaptic. It opens, but the apply updated button is greyed out.
is there any reason for this ??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Problem with synaptic

Post by zerozero »

twa, sorry if this comes as a silly question, but did you first selected mark all updates button? apply is still greyed out after that?
twa

Post by twa »

zerozero,
txs for yr prompt reply.
Yes, still greyed-out
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

ahh :D foomatic yeahh now i get it 8)
it's nothing wrong with your synaptic, if you run dist-upgrade, apt will tell a bit more, foomatic-db-engine is held-back: when UP3 was frozen not all the dep were met, so v. 4.0.8-2 can't be installed until UP4
twa

Post by twa »

zerozero,
thx again..U got the point !
now I feel comfortable.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

twa wrote: now I feel comfortable.
good 8)
Pepas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Pepas »

Isn't the idea to have the LMDE repositories in a nice state? I think that foomatic-db-engine package should perhaps be replaced by the older version from Debian Stable (4.0.4-3), or would that cause other problems?
Gerd50

Post by Gerd50 »

Why don't you add the debian testing repos to your sources.list, enable it temporarely and install the up to date version of
foomatic-db-engine?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

@Pepas, are you having any kind of issues with the available v. of foomatic-db-engine in latest? is your printer not working because the engine v. is old and you need a newer one? if is not broken, don't try to fix it!
twa

Post by twa »

zerozero,
are you having any kind of issues with the available v. of foomatic-db-engine in latest? is your printer not working because the engine v. is old and you need a newer one? if is not broken, don't try to fix it!
U absolutely right !! I still have foomatic-db-engine at old version and my printer is working without any kind of issues.
:D
Pepas
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Pepas »

Haven't noticed any problems with the 4.0.4-3 foomatic-db-engine. So why have 4.0.8-2 in the incoming repository when nobody can use it, is my point. Not having 4.0.8-2 means there is no message that it's held back, so nobody will be unnecessary alarmed.

Return to “LMDE Archive”