TestaMint Wallpaper

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dlkreations

TestaMint Wallpaper

Post by dlkreations »

I am really getting bad at thinking of names here! TestaMint!? What am I thinking??

Anyhow, yeah this is something new I have been working on. Full screen coming shortly.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kanishka
Level 5
Level 5

Re: TestaMint Wallpaper

Post by kanishka »

And very elegant it is! 8)
There's some jaggedness at the corners of the central "plaque", and the Mint logo seems to be in low resolution. Otherwise, it's very nice.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Thanks for the comments. The Mint logo was actually from an svg so it's odd that it looks like it is low resolution. I will try to fix it some time today when I make the full screen one. As for the jaggedness of the "plaque", it doesn't seem to me to look that way when it is in its full size, but I will look into that as well.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I could copy kanishkas entry as a whole, I totally agree! :D
On the jagged edges, are you using cubic rescaling, if not - try it, if it doesn't work, try the liquid rescaling plugin and finally - save as png.
A mask with gaussian blur around the edges, multiplied, might do the trick as well.
I really like the concept though.
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

This isn't something that is suppose to be "included" in anything. This wallpaper is just something that I came up with out of the blue so to speak and is considered fan art. But if you can come up with something better, then by all means do so. But if you're going to critique something, then post what can be changed to make it better. I don't mind criticism, but blatantly saying something sucks for lack of a better word, doesn't fly too well with me.

I have changed some things on this wallpaper, and will be posting the results today when I get my laptop hooked up later today.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Here is the final version. I have removed the glow surrounding the "plaque" as well as the glow around the background box. I also changed the logo to the official one.

Full screen:

Wide Screen:
jobastr

Post by jobastr »

Very good for GDM.
coddy41

Post by coddy41 »

I realy love the look :)
sdim
Level 3