Obsolete packages newer than Latest repo. What should I do?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rolandpish

Obsolete packages newer than Latest repo. What should I do?

Post by rolandpish »

Hi there.

First of all, I'm really happy to know that now we have these two latest and incoming mint repos. Great work.

Today I pointed my repos to Latest and then did an apt-get update. I haven't upgraded yet, as I always like to open Synaptic and take a sneak peek about the upgrades.
This time , after opening Synaptic I noticed that the local/obsolete package list is now bigger and packages like apache2, conky, chromium, etc. are now in that list.
I realized that the version of those packages are newer than the ones at Mint Latest repo; this makes sense as two days ago I executed a dist-upgrade; and now I know why they are listed within local/obsolete packages.

What should I do?

1. Downgrade those packages to the Mint Latest repo?
2. Wait until the next Mint Latest repo upgrades and hope they are moved out from the local/obsolete list?

I appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Obsolete packages newer than Latest repo. What should I

Post by zerozero »

if i understand correctly, you changed your sources.list from testing (fully updated) to latest, and of course now you have newer pkg v. because this UP3 is a snapshot of testing with a couple weeks already;

if it was me, i would leave it like this and wait for the next UP to catch up on the v. you have installed.
rolandpish

Re: Obsolete packages newer than Latest repo. What should I

Post by rolandpish »

Thanks a lot zerozero.

I'll follow your suggestion and wait until the next UP.

Cheers.

Return to “LMDE Archive”