[resolved] Gimp-Icon is cruel

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
Arran

[resolved] Gimp-Icon is cruel

Post by Arran »

Why have the makers of LMDE (I have no experience with other Mint distros) used such a awful thumbnail on the panel for Gimp? This palette is just inappropriate. The Logo for Gimp is a «Wilber».

Has anybody any idea how I can replace the logo with the correct one (used for example in Kubuntu)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xircon

Re: Gimp-Icon is cruel

Post by xircon »

Edit /usr/share/applications/gimp.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=GNU Image Manipulation Program
GenericName=Image Editor
Comment=Create images and edit photographs
Exec=gimp-2.7 %U
TryExec=gimp-2.7
Icon=gimp <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Change this
Terminal=false
Categories=Graphics;2DGraphics;RasterGraphics;GTK;
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Bugzilla=GNOME
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Product=GIMP
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Component=General
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version=2.7.2
X-GNOME-Bugzilla-OtherBinaries=gimp-2.7
StartupNotify=true
MimeType=application/postscript;application/pdf;image/bmp;image/g3fax;image/gif;image/x-fits;image/pcx;image/x-portable-anymap;image/x-portable-bitmap;image/x-portable-graymap;image/x-portable-pixmap;image/x-psd;image/x-sgi;image/x-tga;image/x-xbitmap;image/x-xwindowdump;image/x-xcf;image/x-compressed-xcf;image/tiff;image/jpeg;image/x-psp;image/png;image/x-icon;image/x-xpixmap;image/svg+xml;image/x-wmf;image/jp2;image/jpeg2000;image/jpx;image/x-xcursor;
X-Ubuntu-Gettext-Domain=gimp20
Arran

Post by Arran »

Thank you. Change into what?
I might change a gimp.gif or gimp.png or whatever, but where would that be listet?
xircon

Post by xircon »

Find an image you like and change the line to the full path to it e.g.

Code: Select all

Icon=/path/to/your/file.png
Think they have to be png, but am not positive.

Cheers

Steve

PS I tested this and it works :)
Arran

Post by Arran »

Thank you very much.
Maybe I did not express myself correctly. Where is the actual place, the file for this awful logo lies? /?/?/?/?gimp.png is what I am looking for. How then to change this logo into a Wilber is with gimp no problem for me.
xircon

Post by xircon »

Sorry, still do not understand what you want :(, I think the location depends on your choice of icon scheme. I use Faenza so my icon is somewhere in:

/usr/share/icons/Faenza/apps/
Example:

/usr/share/icons/Faenza/apps/48/gimp.png
If my PC needs the 48x48 version. Faenza icon shows a painter's palette, not a wolf.

I assumed Wilber meant Wolf? (Canis lupus). I have never used Xubuntu so do not know what you are looking for.

Just pick an image that you like and change the file :)

Steve
Arran

Post by Arran »

Hi Steve

You got it. Thanks a lot. Now, I just have to know and find my theme. Is there a way to find the name of the theme quickly?
Arran

Post by Arran »

Very funny, these computers. Today, by starting LMDE, the correct Wilber logo appeard without any ado of mine. Bizarre.
xircon

Post by xircon »

I know that one, sometimes my machine starts up with the buuf icon theme, I tried it once, didn't like it and chose the faenza cupertino then faenza dark icon set, don't know why, it just does :?

Return to “LMDE Archive”