Pathetic transfer speeds to USB flash drive.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
xircon

Pathetic transfer speeds to USB flash drive.

Post by xircon »

Trying to copy 4.3gb of files (large avi files). I am getting really slow speeds, it is going to take 45 minutes (and the time is going up and up :(). Doesn't seem to affect my USB hard drive as much. I have passed the USB flash disk and hard drive over to my girlfriend to copy on win7 its says it will take 15 minutes (and it did!).

I can see lots of bug reports about this on lots of distros, but cannot see a fix or workaround, anyone know of a fix?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Brian49

Re: Pathetic transfer speeds to USB flash drive.

Post by Brian49 »

Are you by any chance trying to copy using Nautilus? If so, your experience is par for the course. A better alternative, in my view, is to use rsync, with grsync as a front-end if you prefer a graphical interface.
xircon

Re: Pathetic transfer speeds to USB flash drive.

Post by xircon »

Yes, I am using Nautilus. Would never have considered using rsync to do such a simple job, thanks for the tip. Will give it a go, flash drive is plugged into the DVD drive with season one on, with use rsync for season two (4.4gb) and report back.

Cheers

Steve

Return to “LMDE Archive”