Mint LMDE panel - weather applet

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
DapperMe17

Mint LMDE panel - weather applet

Post by DapperMe17 »

Good Morning,

Having just updated to LMDE from Mint 11, and ran update pack 3 flawlessly....I've noticed that the weather applet I've added to the gnome panel continues to say "updating", but never actually displays any weather. Also, the gnome clock applet weather will not display. Happily, this is the only function not working. :wink:

I've tested Docky's weather, which did not update either when pointed to The Weather Channel. However, when the settings source was changed to Underground Weather, it did successfully update.

My question....does the gnome weather applet use The Weather Channel by default, and if so, can that be changed (& how) to say....NOAA, or Underground Weather?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DapperMe17

Re: Mint LMDE panel - weather applet

Post by DapperMe17 »

Bump
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

bump
odo5435

Post by odo5435 »

Just to double check, you have got your correct location and time information showing under 'Preferences'?
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Yes, and I added, and removed the applet several times....with no luck. The applet constantly says "updating" when hovered upon.
odo5435

Post by odo5435 »

I had a similar problem in LMDE Xfce which fixed itself when I updated the preferences and thought it might have helped you. Sorry mate, but that's as far as I can take you.
DapperMe17

Post by DapperMe17 »

Thanks for trying!

Return to “LMDE Archive”