From debian testing to latest; dependency errors; wait?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
jdgallag

From debian testing to latest; dependency errors; wait?

Post by jdgallag »

Dear Mint forum community,

I installed linux mint debian (great os by the way) a couple months back. I had my sources pointing at debian testing (upstream?). Later, users were recommended to switch to latests. Afterwards, I wanted to install a few packages, but I was blocked from being able to do so by dependency problems. I would like to note that these dependency problems do not overlap. I see there being at least four solutions:
  • Reinstall linux mint, and set the system up the recommended way
  • Switch my repositories back to debian testing
  • Wait for the "latest repo" to reach the point that debian testing was in before I switched
  • Use some command, whose existence I don't know, to solve a problem the real problem which is different than I am suspecting
What do you recommend? I am totally okay with backing up my files, and then just reinstalling. Switching back to debian testing defeats the purpose of using linux mint debian, so I would like to avoid that. If waiting will actually work, this is the most desirable solution; however, I am suspicious that if some dependency is screwed up, then it could block the dependency resolving update. Which brings up the fourth point; I don't completely understand the problem. Suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: From debian testing to latest; dependency errors; wait?

Post by zerozero »

those dependency errors you were experiencing are now solved with UP3, follow the instructions in the blog http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=1836 update, and enjoy;
for any more specific issue that may happen, you have this topic here http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=185&t=82346
jdgallag

Re: From debian testing to latest; dependency errors; wait?

Post by jdgallag »

Thanks mate.

Return to “LMDE Archive”