[SOLVED] USB Mouse Moves On Its Own?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Esto

[SOLVED] USB Mouse Moves On Its Own?

Post by Esto »

Hey :)

I installed Linux Mint 11 (Katya) and everything works okay but my USB mouse moves on its own a little bit quite often.
I have been searching around for a while but i can't seem to find some solution for this.

Is there anyone who can help my?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
oobetimer

Re: USB Mouse Moves On Its Own?

Post by oobetimer »

Esto wrote:Hey :)

I installed Linux Mint 11 (Katya) and everything works okay but my USB mouse moves on its own a little bit quite often.
I have been searching around for a while but i can't seem to find some solution for this.

Is there anyone who can help my?
Mouse is seeking something to eat, but it is not dangerous .. :lol:

Proper chassis under a mouse helps .. :wink:
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Esto wrote:mouse moves on its own a little
Reduce the sensitivity in the Mouse settings, also as oobetimer implies, try putting the mouse on a different surface, plain and smooth is usually the best.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Esto

Post by Esto »

oobetimer wrote:Mouse is seeking something to eat, but it is not dangerous .. :lol:

Proper chassis under a mouse helps .. :wink:
:D

Hmm i got proper chassis under the mouse, at first the mouse moved a lot but then i search for new hardware and now it moves only a little bit.

But thanks for the reply :)
Esto

Post by Esto »

remoulder wrote:
Esto wrote:mouse moves on its own a little
Reduce the sensitivity in the Mouse settings, also as oobetimer implies, try putting the mouse on a different surface, plain and smooth is usually the best.
Yeah. That did it. :D Thanks. :D
ormu

Re: [SOLVED] USB Mouse Moves On Its Own?

Post by ormu »

I noticed this problem today on LMDE + Xfce. I was reading some Wikipedia article in Firefox (v. 17.0) when the mouse suddenly started to move a few centimeters downwards. It happened a few times. I've never noticed this before and it apparently isn't a big problem but pretty weird anyway. :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”