│ nouveau/nvc3_fuc41ac, nouveau/nvc3_fuc409d, nouveau/nvc3_fuc409c,
│ nouveau/nvc0_fuc41ad, nouveau/nvc0_fuc41ac, nouveau/nvc0_fuc409d,
│ nouveau/nvc0_fuc409c

Most firmware files are not included in the system because they do not
│ conform to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. You may need to
│ reconfigure the package manager to include the contrib and non-free
│ sections of the package archive before you can install these firmware
│ files.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Pack 3

Post by Oscar799 »

Please do not double post
Duplicate deleted
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

sorry lack of patience at least somebody is reading :)
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

Looks like a warning rather than an error. Are you experiencing problems with the new kernel upgrade? Otherwise you can probably discount the message.
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

I can not upgrade the kernels thanks
Lippy

Post by Lippy »

I had the same warning when I had the kernel upgrade. It should be safe to install it regardless since if it doesn't work, you can always revert to the old kernel. In my case, the update was flawless. I'm running nouveau on my GeForce GTX 260 with no problems.

If you opted to abort the kernel update due to the warning, then you can just use sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and it will attempt to install it again.
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Fetched 46.9 kB in 6s (7,774 B/s)
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

that is it !
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

When you run that command, Update Manager, Software Manager, and Package Manager, all need to be closed.
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

Synaptic package manager is not working anyway i do not need to close it, when i try to open it got that massage;

"Unable to get exclusive lock
This usually means that another package management application (like apt-get or aptitude) is already running. Please close that application first."
Berneri

Post by Berneri »

Yes, you can only have one instance of apt-get running. Both mint-update and synaptic are frontends to apt-get, which means that you cannot open one while the other one is running. Note that if the shield on the bottom right of your screen is empty, i.e. is unchecked, mint-update is performing an

Code: Select all

apt-get update
and you therefore cannot open synaptic. Just wait until the shield is checked again.
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

I did a fresh install, update the repo info, run the update, run this command; sudo apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad then mint-update asked me where to install Grub, installed sda and sda1 then completed. When i boot on 3.0.0-1-486 system corrupted.
debianalyze

Post by debianalyze »

So it sure looks like the kernel src is missing this set of firmware.

nouveau: nouveau/fuc41ad, nouveau/fuc41ac, nouveau/fuc409d, nouveau/fuc409c, nouveau/nvc4_fuc41ad, nouveau/nvc4_fuc41ac, nouveau/nvc4_fuc409d, nouveau/nvc4_fuc409c, nouveau/nvc3_fuc41ad, nouveau/nvc3_fuc41ac, nouveau/nvc3_fuc409d, nouveau/nvc3_fuc409c, nouveau/nvc0_fuc41ad, nouveau/nvc0_fuc41ac, nouveau/nvc0_fuc409d, nouveau/nvc0_fuc409c

how to I make them go away?

thanks!
ninhalo5

Post by ninhalo5 »

Hi guys,
Has there been any more information discovered on this? I'm having the same issue. There is one nouveau driver available via synaptic and one for Nvidia. The Nvidia breaks the system to when it will only boot to a terminal for login so I purged the nvidia drivers and went back to the only nouveau option available which does not seem to be supporting 3D acceration. I also tried the latest and greates from Nvidia and that was a total bomb the run file wont even get past the accept/ do not accept prompt.
Thanks

Return to “LMDE Archive”