Bluetooth

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Bluetooth

Post by poision »

Hi cassendra is wonderful distribution but i feel there is one lit flaw in that.Bluetooth configuration graphical tool should be there in control center.Hope we ll get this in next distribution.
kosmonaut
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kosmonaut »

True!

A bluetooth configuration tool would be superb.
Something like an obex-file-manager.
And/or a customized "gnome-send-to".
See http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2900
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

kosmonaut wrote:True!

A bluetooth configuration tool would be superb.
Something like an obex-file-manager.
And/or a customized "gnome-send-to".
See http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2900
hi i read your query there infact i m eagerly searching option for bluetooth in gnome.In synaptic i got gnome bluetooth applets but description is not satisfactory.I installed kmobiletools its good application works as pc suit.It detected my phone but send no file transfer option is coming.So finally what ya did to get your mobile work under mint?I sent pm to clem abt bluetooth in control panel.He said he is looking after that segment.One more thing i didnt know that for kbluetooth requires other kde applications.Other wise that came in my mind too for installing that.Some kde applications are really nice like amarok,k3b.Well if ya get solution pls let me know.Thanks
kosmonaut
Level 1
Level 1

Post by kosmonaut »

Hi poision!

I forgot to subscribe to this thread, that's why I am just answering today.
One more thing i didnt know that for kbluetooth requires other kde applications
Well Konqueror and kbluetoothd work extremely well together. For ex. with Konqueror you can browse (va kbluetoothd) in the obex-file directory of your bluetooth-cellphone. Or you can just copy files from your handy and paste them on your KDE desktop. All those useful features are missing in Gnome (resp LinuxMint).
Until now I have not found anything useful in Gnome...to be honest I haven't looked very hard. When I have some more time and when I found something, I'll give you a message, allright?

Greeting K.

Edit:
So finally what ya did to get your mobile work under mint?I
oh yeah...I almost forgot that point :wink: ...what exactly do you want to do with you cellphone: Dataexchange/Adress syncronisation/ give me a hint
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

Hi kosmonaut

thanks for reply.Yes i also tried gnome bluetooth applet but its not so good.I want data exchange ,flie exchange,address book sync.I also ve kmobiletool.No doubt its very good application but its not connecting my nokia 6600.Shall i install kbluetoothd?But i love pure gnome thats why i m hesitating but if no solution i think i ve to do that.If ya ve any answer do reply me thanks for help buddy.
Poision
kosmonaut
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Bluetooth

Post by kosmonaut »

Hi poison!

It's been a while since we talk about Gnome and BT, right?
But as I have promised to give you some feedback, when I'd have found something usefull...well here it is:
In Gnome 2.20 a lot of things have gotten better.
Filetransfers are easycheese now, since GNOME VFS module for OBEX FTP does a very good job.
That means when you want to browse the filesystem of you BT-Phone you can do it with nautilus. Simply write obex:/// in the adressbar of nautilus. And *tata* you'll see you Phone-Files with nautilus.
Gnome-Phone-Manager does a good job also...you can use it to write SMS- usefull for me, cause I've got thick fingers. ;-)
With nautilus-sento you can send files to CellP, without troubles...

Well that all....just a short feedback...and not an installation guide, or so...but if you have some question go ahead...maybe i can answer them ;-D i said maybe

K.

PS: Synchronisation-issue to be honest, i havent looked for it now, since i do not need it.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Bluetooth

Post by poision »

hi kosmonaut thanks for reply after long time..yeah i ve seen bluetooth working well under gnome 2.20 i ve seen that under ubuntu gutsy not checked under mint..i ll explore them today n ll contact ya...thanks buddy

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”