Firefox Hardware Acceleration

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
lpcstr

Firefox Hardware Acceleration

Post by lpcstr »

So, I installed Linux Mint Debian Edition on my laptop and my desktop last night. I then installed Firefox Nightly on both of them and went to http://demos.hacks.mozilla.org/openweb/HWACCEL/ to test performance and see if hardware acceleration was working.

My laptop has an Nvidia Quadro FX 570M with the latest binary drivers downloaded from Nvidia's website. The card is like 4 years old and was never a power house, and yet it was able to get 60+ FPS in the browser test, proving that hardware acceleration was working correctly.

Next I tried it on my desktop which has an ATI HD5850 and I installed the fglrx-driver package with apt-get. Compiz and other OpenGL application seem to be working fine, and WebGL seems to get good performance in the browser, but when I run the hardware acceleration benchmark, I get 18FPS.

My desktop's graphics card is easily 8x more powerful than my laptop, so obviously something isn't right.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Firefox Hardware Acceleration

Post by proxima_centauri »

* Moved to LMDE forum
lpcstr

Post by lpcstr »

proxima_centauri wrote:* Moved to LMDE forum
Was that really necessary? The fact that I'm using the Debian Edition has nothing at all to do with my problem. Thanks a lot.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

You're welcome.

Return to “LMDE Archive”