HP Scanner Fix

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
KLVVdarcey
Level 1
Level 1

HP Scanner Fix

Post by KLVVdarcey »

I have an HP Deskjet F4235 All-in-one printer, copier, scanner.

In Mint 10-AMD64 (Gnome), everything worked automatically. Simple Scan saw the 4235 right away and life was good. I switched over to LDME-201012-AMD64 and found this same scanner was not seen by either Simple Scan and XSane.

After searching the LDME forums I installed "hpaio" and now everything works like normal. This must be the difference between the Ubuntu Kernel and Debian. LDME is great!

Cheers to the Mint Forum!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gotjazz

Re: HP Scanner Fix

Post by gotjazz »

hrm iirc that was pulled in with hplip for me (which you need anyway in a printer combi)

what disturbed me a little was that hplip is not a dependency of hplip-gui. I blindly assumed it was did an apt-get install hplip-gui and wondered why i couldn't print anything. I mean dependencies don't get any more obvious than that :mrgreen:
DrGNU

Post by DrGNU »

Thanks guys. After a nightmare night of messing up the installation (I think GRUB2 has issues or something) followed by me not getting my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 to scan, I just found this post.
Works great!
RevMike

Resolved - Re: HP Scanner Fix

Post by RevMike »

KLVVdarcey wrote:I have an HP Deskjet F4235 All-in-one printer, copier, scanner.

In Mint 10-AMD64 (Gnome), everything worked automatically. Simple Scan saw the 4235 right away and life was good. I switched over to LDME-201012-AMD64 and found this same scanner was not seen by either Simple Scan and XSane.

After searching the LDME forums I installed "hpaio" and now everything works like normal. This must be the difference between the Ubuntu Kernel and Debian. LDME is great!

Cheers to the Mint Forum!
I am now running LMDE 201109 and Simple Scan was not finding my HP Deskjet F2280 - so I installed hpaio as suggested.
Now runs perfectly.
Thanks,
Mike :D
rickabillie

Post by rickabillie »

This fix worked on HP Officejet 6110xi in LMDE.

Return to “LMDE Archive”