Hibernate on ThinkPad X220i

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
timbo

Hibernate on ThinkPad X220i

Post by timbo »

Hello,

my first post in this Forum due to my only very recent change from Xubuntu to LMDE Xfce. I have a brandnew X220i which cannot use hibernate.

I checked fstab and the resume file, found the UUIDs to be different and corrected that. Updated initramfs and tried again but to no success. Does anyone know how I can get it to work? I hadn't read anything about hibernate troubles on the X220i before getting one. :?

Btw. Swap has sufficient gigs.

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
soccerz619

Re: Hibernate on ThinkPad X220i

Post by soccerz619 »

I had a problem with a Inspiron 8600....I'm going to copy what worked for me.

Both of those show up correctly listing my swap partition. I have my screensaver off now (something that someone else suggested), and set to do nothing when I close my lid, but it won't go to

Postby soccerz619 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:48 pm
Well, I made sure my screensaver is not active, and that my screen can't be locked when the screensaver is active, and I've chosen 'blank screen'for a screensaver (as if it matters, since it's off). Anyways, it'll turn back on after suspend now. Weird that it won't do it with the screensaver on though. Any way to mark this as "Solved"?
timbo

Post by timbo »

Trying your suggested method was to no avail. I am using Standby now instead of suspend and stopped looking for a solution.
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

* Moved to LMDE forum
timbo

Post by timbo »

After I installed the liquorix kernel (3.2...) hibernate worked. I only tried it twice, but I hope that in the future there will be no more problems. Here is a howto: http://r3dux.org/2011/09/how-to-install ... l-in-lmde/

Return to “LMDE Archive”