missing features in latest release of LMDE

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
vi-sual

missing features in latest release of LMDE

Post by vi-sual »

I recently installed a newer version of LMDE and many of what I was able to do on my previous (April 2011) release I cannot do in this. Could it have something to do with the backup I used to restore my files? (I did not restore software/application selections though just files ) Why is it that only very few of the files I tried to restore were actually restored in their designated locations? I had to manually extract them where I wanted them.

Anyhow now, I cannot find the package manager, as I need to install a newer version of firefox.
I cannot use the "Suspend" feature. If I try to suspend my system, the screen will turn dark but the HDD will not stop running/respond. Also this state cannot be interrupted and I cannot re-enter OS without pressing the power button and waiting fot the system to start up all over again.

Also if anyone can help me acess my wireless printer I'd really really appreciate it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: missing features in latest release of LMDE

Post by xenopeek »

Alt + F2, or open a terminal, and run:

Code: Select all

gksudo synaptic
But perhaps you should start with the Update Manager, and make sure you have properly upgraded to update pack #3.
vi-sual

Post by vi-sual »

What does this mean?
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

vi-sual

Post by vi-sual »

zerozero wrote:read, please, this topic http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 46&start=0
I did as it said and I'm stillunable to update sucessfully.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

let's see then:
one thing at time, show us the output of

inxi -r
vi-sual

Post by vi-sual »

zerozero wrote:let's see then:
one thing at time, show us the output of

inxi -r
SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!

I tried to remove/reinstall nvidia drivers as instructed in link &NOW THERE IS NO MENU/DOCK on my desktop!!!

HELP!!
;A:

Return to “LMDE Archive”