Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Post by Pikey »

I'm using the latest Daryna with E17 desktop/WM, and everything is working very well !
I thought I'd try out a few alternative music players to see how they compare to amaroK and XMMS which both work OK .. unfortunately none of the others I try work !!
I installed with Synaptic, which includes all the necessary other bits and as far as I can tell they installed just fine .. I even switched back to gnome just to see if it that cured the problem, but no luck.
So I'm back to amaroK which still works good .. I would like to switch to exaile though (if I can get it going!)
Any ideas whats wrong folks ? .. thanks for any help ...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
molom

Re: Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Post by molom »

Pikey wrote:I'm using the latest Daryna with E17 desktop/WM, and everything is working very well !
I thought I'd try out a few alternative music players to see how they compare to amaroK and XMMS which both work OK .. unfortunately none of the others I try work !!
I installed with Synaptic, which includes all the necessary other bits and as far as I can tell they installed just fine .. I even switched back to gnome just to see if it that cured the problem, but no luck.
So I'm back to amaroK which still works good .. I would like to switch to exaile though (if I can get it going!)
Any ideas whats wrong folks ? .. thanks for any help ...
I've had the same problem when installing songbird on Xubuntu. It worked, but it couldn't play any music, which was its main purpose. I don't know how to fix it. Although Amarok worked perfectly.

Edit

I think I found out how to install songbird properly. Use this link ( removed/search.php?keywords=songbird ) After installing it crashes like 2 times, but after that it works perfectly.
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Amarok OK .. exaile/listen/songbird not OK ??

Post by Pikey »

I got exaile working ! .. more here ... http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopi ... =46&t=7880

Thanks guys ...

Return to “Sound”