Software Center gone.

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
VanR

Software Center gone.

Post by VanR »

Tonight I noticed that Software Center is no where to be found on my machine. I was going to install something from it, but can't find it anywhere. I tried to install software center in synaptic, but it complained about python 2.7 dependencies were missing. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pastim

Re: Software Center gone.

Post by pastim »

Not being that good with linux I have failed to understand the relevance of the link above. My Software Center is also missing, but I can find no information about this in the post you refer to. I assume that one of the updates the menu has been changed in some way, but I have no idea how to fix it.
pastim

Re: Software Center gone.

Post by pastim »

Ah Ha! Having trawled the net a bit more, all of a sudden I understand. I shouldn't be trying to run Software Center at all - that's for Ubuntu-based systems. Since losing track of the facility to scan software sources many months ago I had forgotten that the Mint Debian version that was on my laptop was called Software Manager.

I had tried installing Software Center on my xfce system using synaptic but it refused to run.

What I needed to do was use synaptic to install debianinstall . That did the trick. Rebooting then re-established the tool in the correct place on the menu. :D

Return to “LMDE Archive”