sticky tabs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sloto

sticky tabs

Post by sloto »

When I open FF I have 5 old tabs (always the same ones) I close all of them and restart FF and there they are again....help
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: sticky tabs

Post by Husse »

This is a FF problem
If you don't have a bookmark for it (then make one!) write
about:config
in the URL bar (is it called that? Where you have the URL on top of FF)
then filter for tab and you see the options for tabs
I guess this one
browser.tabs.autoHide
may be false and not true
sloto

Post by sloto »

Thanks Husse. Browser tabs auto hide was not the bug. But I'm sure I can find it now that I have that site....Sloto
Sloto4I59KU

Post by Sloto4I59KU »

Well I spoke too soon. I tried putting anything to do with tabs or sessions back to default at the "about:config" site and I still have the same old "tired" tabs every time I open FF. Would sure like to clear this up because Epiphany browser don't have all the goodies.
Sloto2HWAHUI

Solved Re: sticky tabs

Post by Sloto2HWAHUI »

I found that after I closed the persistant tabs, if I hit the home icon, the tabs came back AH HA.
I changed my open page to blank page-restarted FF- went to my home page (Google news) and set it as my home page again. All is well. At least for now.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Do you change your nick with each post? :shock: :roll:
sloto

Post by sloto »

By nick you mean like "Slotoxxxxxx"?
Apparently I was adding the confirmation code to my nick before my post was rejected when I put it in the right box and then forgot to shorten nick, sorry,as always.
Anyway the thing I came back for was to explain how I prevented sticky tabs from happening: Don't click {[use current page] when you have tabs on bar.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Ah - I always click the wheel for tabs - easy and saves you some problems (and I've seen other problems with tabs - don't remember what though)

Return to “Software & Applications”