No start-up/shut-down sounds in Daryna! solved

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

No start-up/shut-down sounds in Daryna! solved

Post by Pikey »

I've installed Daryna a 3 or 4 times now .. dual-booting with Vista ... and everything is working great!

I've just realised (via another post in another section here) that I'm not hearing the startup/shutdown sounds!

On top of that main audio related applications seem to work (amarok/XMMS/mplayer) .. but other apps I try to install don't .. that includes exaile, songbird and listen.

My audio connection is straight out of the motherboard (green socket?!) to altec lansing 2.1 speakers .. nothing fancy.

Is there anything else I should be doing here to get the sound fixed? .. thanks for any help folks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: No start-up/shut-down sounds in Daryna!

Post by Husse »

Control Center > Sound gives you lots of settings
There is a Sound tab and maybe the log in/out sounds are disabled
When some sound apps work and some don't I advice you to check settings in the non working apps and the Volume control (and perhaps compare with settings in the apps that work)
Some may use alsa and others oss and you may have muted one of these but not the other
Pikey
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Pikey »

Thanks Husse ! I had a look in there as you suggested .. everything seemed to be normal, except nothing wanted to play ...

Anyway I had a fiddle about with a few settings, both in here and in the mixer (double-clicking on the speaker icon) and for some unknown reason things started working !!

Playing with exaile now btw ... start-up/shut-down sounds now working, at least they are in gnome. If I re-boot and go Enlightenment E17 ... no start-up sound ! I suppose that might be expected thinking about it now (different desktop manager etc)

Anyhow .. thanks for the help !!
Husse

Post by Husse »

yeah - you'll have to do it all over again in E17

Return to “Installation & Boot”