Error upgrading to pack 3 Gstreamer error (solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
rg3000

Error upgrading to pack 3 Gstreamer error (solved)

Post by rg3000 »

Ok, been working this one for awhile now. Clean install of LMDE, go to update manager, it updates the update manager software.

change all the apt lines according to the release notes, tell it to install updates.

Everything downloads, then it gives me the error below
Screenshot.png
I tell it ok, update stops and it tells me that I have 200 some odd updates, but it gives the above error each time.

Once I removed all the gstreamer items from the software manager thinking that was the problem, then when I updated it told me to rebuild the packages, rebuilt them and the upgrade seemed to go fine...

After restart, instead of the login screen being green, it was blue and when I logged in, it went to a blank screen and that was it, had to turn it off to restart.

Any help is appreciated, this is getting frustrating
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
starkreiten

Re: Error upgrading to pack 3 Gstreamer error

Post by starkreiten »

rg3000,

It is a known issue. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next respin.
From the Update Manager - Update Pack Info wrote:The package mint-meta-codecs features an update which should prevent you from experiencing this issue. For information, and in case you are faced with a conflict between gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad, simply remove the gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad package. It is maintained by debian-multimedia.org and currently conflicts with the Gstreamer packages maintained by Debian.
So, just use your favorite package manager or

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get remove gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad
Dana
rg3000

Post by rg3000 »

That worked perfect, no glitches at all now.

Thanks

Rob
sample

Post by sample »

same error, same solution

thank you, best regards

Return to “LMDE Archive”