Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
satya164

Minty - Gnome Shell Theme

Post by satya164 »

Hi. I've made a new Gnome Shell theme which I would like to contribute to the next Linux Mint version "Lisa". This theme contains some Minty flavor to match the beauty of Linux Mint :)
preview.png
The theme now lives here - http://satya164.deviantart.com/art/Gnom ... -268492415
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
huero

Re: Shine Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Post by huero »

Looking Good! :) :D
satya164

Post by satya164 »

Just added support for the bottom panel Mint will use.
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

Like it :D
specially the way the bottom panel looks, very good 8)
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

I really like this theme, it's clean and smooth. I like it better than the slated gnome-shell theme for LM12.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

If you want to contribute it to Mint 12, I recommend to send it to root@linuxmint.com as the developer(s) might not notice this topic in time otherwise.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
satya164

Post by satya164 »

AlbertP wrote:If you want to contribute it to Mint 12, I recommend to send it to root@linuxmint.com as the developer(s) might not notice this topic in time otherwise.
Thanks a lot for the info. Very much appreciated.
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

Yay, mintish styles. :)
Finally less slate. (I sometimes wonder why; it's Linux Mint, not Linux Greyish...)
satya164

Post by satya164 »

So I emailed the devs at root@linuxmint.com. Am I supposed to wait for reply?
satya164

Post by satya164 »

I just uploaded two new versions. Darker dialogs and more minty activities ripple graphics.
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

satya164 wrote:So I emailed the devs at root@linuxmint.com. Am I supposed to wait for reply?
It often takes long time till you get a response. Clem, the main developer, told me last week that he had 93 e-mails in his inbox. Please be patient.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
satya164

Post by satya164 »

AlbertP wrote:
satya164 wrote:So I emailed the devs at root@linuxmint.com. Am I supposed to wait for reply?
It often takes long time till you get a response. Clem, the main developer, told me last week that he had 93 e-mails in his inbox. Please be patient.
Thanks. I will wait (But I'm a little impatient type of person). :D
glebihan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by glebihan »

It's looking good.
One thing I would change though : the progress bars are very hard to notice. I think a light outline around them would be nice.
satya164

Post by satya164 »

glebihan wrote:It's looking good.
One thing I would change though : the progress bars are very hard to notice. I think a light outline around them would be nice.
Progressbar? I don't think there are any progressbars in Gnome Shell.

Btw, I've made some changes to the fonts and mintified the volume slider and so on.
glebihan
Level 2
Level 2

Post by glebihan »

satya164 wrote:

Btw, I've made some changes to the fonts and mintified the volume slider and so on.
Oops, I meant scrollbars...
satya164

Post by satya164 »

glebihan wrote:
satya164 wrote:

Oops, I meant scrollbars...
Doing so will make scrollbars look out of place and not match the whole look. I think the scrollbar is ok, it becomes opaque with a minty highlight when you hover it. So that should not be a problem.

But if you don't like it and want to change, you can find the code for scrollbars here in the CSS file,

StScrollBar StButton#vhandle

and

StScrollBar StButton#hhandle.

It should be pretty easy to just change the rgba values. The last number is aplha (opacity) and you can increase it. Cheers :)
oni64

Post by oni64 »

This theme is excellent Satya, as always. I would like to see this theme as default.
Seventh Reign

Post by Seventh Reign »

You've got my vote. This shell theme is outstanding.
satya164

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Post by satya164 »

Well, I received no reply from the devs. I am really very much disappointed and discouraged. ;(

I won't mind if it won't be not included, but I at least expected a small reply...

Now Mint RC will release and there is no chance this theme will be included. My heart is shattered, but all my fellow Mint lovers, the theme is always here for you. And if you like, you can suggest how to improve it.
proxima_centauri

Re: Mint - Gnome Shell Theme

Post by proxima_centauri »

I wouldn't take it personally. Clem is very busy right now before the release. He is sometimes available on the Linux Mint IRC channels - that might be a better venue for approach right now.

Return to “Your Artwork”