XFCE weather applet

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
cooleric1234

XFCE weather applet

Post by cooleric1234 »

Did it stop working for anyone else? A few days ago I started getting No Data and it hasn't resolved itself.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ElderDryas

Re: XFCE weather applet

Post by ElderDryas »

Happening here also. Tried in a couple of other XFCE distros...same problem, so I'm guessing it's so far upstream it's in the headwaters.
odo5435

Post by odo5435 »

Yep, same here too. Can't tell when it stopped because I don't use that machine constantly, but I first noticed it a couple of days ago.
KBD47
Level 7
Level 7

Post by KBD47 »

cooleric1234 wrote:Did it stop working for anyone else? A few days ago I started getting No Data and it hasn't resolved itself.
Yes, it's dead. Would not work at all for me today, just removed it. Instead I installed the Weatherbug to Chromium, which is quite nice, but I'll miss that weather applet :(
KBD47
Beardedragon

Post by Beardedragon »

It stopped in my Debian Panel too. You can get weather Icon on Cairo Dock that does work with www.weather.com
Transitman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Transitman »

cooleric1234 wrote:Did it stop working for anyone else? A few days ago I started getting No Data and it hasn't resolved itself.
This has something to do with Weather.com now charging lots of money for their weather feed that used to be free for almost ten years.
And Linux users are not alone. Windows 7 weather app has failed as well, according to the forum at http://www.broadbandreports.com

Lets hope the maintainers of the XFCE weather app can make code changes to pull weather info from another source.
odo5435

Post by odo5435 »

Ah, so that's what's the problem. It always boils down to money, doesn't it?
dimbulb1024
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dimbulb1024 »

Transitman wrote:
This has something to do with Weather.com now charging lots of money for their weather feed that used to be free for almost ten years.
And Linux users are not alone. Windows 7 weather app has failed as well, according to the forum at http://www.broadbandreports.com

Lets hope the maintainers of the XFCE weather app can make code changes to pull weather info from another source.
A shame. Shades of the tzdata deal it reminds me of.
Thinkpad X270 | I7-7600, 16GB, 4TB SSD | LM 20 & Win10 | Daily Driver
Thinkpad X260 | i5-6300, 16GB, 2TB SSD & 2TB External | LM 20 & Win10 | Home Desktop
Thinkpad T420 | i5-2500, 16GB, 500 SSD & 4TB External | LM 20 | Kodi & Streaming
wyrdoak

Post by wyrdoak »

Mine isn't working ether. I started using Rainlender2[lazy mans conky 8) ) so I can have my planning calendar on both Win7 and Xfce. [it works on both windows and linux) uses MSN weather it's working now, but still sometimes goes out days at a time.
Transitman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Transitman »

For those who are awaiting a resolution to the weather-plugin in XFCE, it looks like it has been fixed.
I took a peek at sid and found an updated xfce-weather-plugin. I downloaded it, and then loaded onto my panel, gave it the required zip coed and shazaam, it works, again.

Return to “LMDE Archive”