no internet connection

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

no internet connection

Post by Guest »

note: i am runninglinux mint 4.0, as of this moment. the thing is, i installed it, a 6 gig partition for "/", and a sperate 30+ gig partition for "/media/data" for all my media files. about a half hour before i nstalled i, i was running ubuntu gutsy and i had an internet connection. but, as soon as i booted into my new linux mint installation - no internet.

i had the exact same connection settings as i did with my ubuntu, and the computer i'm on right now (beside my main comp) obviously has internet. i tried setting it to roaming mode, dhcp, and a static ip (i have a router, a lynksys something or other), none of which were able to provide me with a connection. it could be my router, but it also could be just a simple setting i have o change somewhere. and ideas?

it could be something as simple as a bad downloaded .iso and not installing some sort of internet component or something, i dont know. btw, i love the first impression i go from linuxmint on first boo. very nice indeed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Re: no internet connection

Post by Guest »

ok so i removed my router by plugin my computer's ethernet line right into the modem and selected dhcp (which i am working from as of now). hopefully, if i try it again through the router, i'll have some sort of sucess. this sort of thing has hapened before with some games i've played; had to establish a "jumpstart" connection without router before i try it with the router.
long live linux mint

Return to “Installation & Boot”