[Solved] USB 3G Internet Connectivity Problems

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
JoeGibken

[Solved] USB 3G Internet Connectivity Problems

Post by JoeGibken »

Hi! For some odd reason, I can't seem to connect to my USB 3G mobile internet via Network Manager. It usually tries to connect for a split second then disconnects.

I'm now using Sakis3G script to be able to connect. Problem is that by using Sakis3G, Pidgin, Empathy, etc doesn't seem to connect to any of the servers at all. I've tried doing what was suggested here:
"Fool" Network Manager into considering you are always online by creating an unmanaged non-existing network interface entry on your system's configuration file (I don't know where it resides on Mandriva, on Debian and derivatives it's /etc/network/interfaces)
but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

When I right click nm-applet and disabled networking, Empathy and Iceweasel / Firefox now works. Pidgin, sadly, doesn't seem to work and doesn't connect to any of my accounts even though it shows that it looks online (no buddies are showing).

Back in Mint's Ubuntu variant, I tend to just type in "sudo stop network-manager" whenever I use Sakis3G but I don't think "stop" is also at Debian.

Solution would either make the Network Manager connect to my USB 3G internet (which once I already enabled, it disconnects rapidly as I mentioned earlier). Or try to make Pidgin not dependent on Network Manager to have it know that there is internet access. Kindly please help with these solutions as I don't know how to do those ._.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeGibken

Re: USB 3G Internet Connectivity Problems

Post by JoeGibken »

I think I somewhat fixed it by using stop command in the terminal but via network-manager. I typed this at the terminal:

Code: Select all

$ sudo /etc/init.d/network-manager stop

Return to “LMDE Archive”