Linux Mint 12 RC

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mad2

Linux Mint 12 RC

Post by mad2 »

Im just curious what everybody's opinion of the gnome 3 version of the new release. I seem to like it very much. How about all of you?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
podagee

Re: Linux Mint 12 RC

Post by podagee »

i love it.ive tried fedora 16,opensuse 12.1,ubuntu11.10 gnome 3,and ive got to say they did the best job with mint gnome 3.only thing i dislike is the bottom panel and menu.it lags a lot.ubuntu never lagged with the mgse installed.but other than that its the best
MrD

Post by MrD »

I''m missing familiarity in the bottom panel (even after the mirror shell extension). The thing that made using Mint so comfortable. I never looked at Gnome 3 on Ubuntu, but can say if this is better than that, it still needs a lot of work to make it back to where it needs to be as before.

There are other problems but I guess they are RC related. The lag when opening programs, when trying to view pictures, open VLC, close the Systems Monitor, all annoying. Whenever I wake my laptop out of suspend I have to kill Skype and restart it. Twice when waking up the OS did not recognise mains power and I had to reset my machine.
podagee

Post by podagee »

the lags are their unfortunately in the final,when closing windows that are open i noticed that it needs to be clicked several times before actually closing.altogether it is a very nice distro

Return to “Non-technical Questions”