Issues after update pack 3 (possibly solved)

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
ddb16

Issues after update pack 3 (possibly solved)

Post by ddb16 »

Until i installed update pack 3 everything was running fine, not had any issues to speak of. Since the update i've lost suspend and reboot. Startup takes longer. Shutdown takes an age. Burning a DVD takes over 30 mins with the drive spinning very noisily and the cpu at100%. Everything is generally slower/more sluggish. Anyone experiencing these issues? ddb16
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Issues after update pack 3

Post by zerozero »

can you please tell us

Code: Select all

uname -a
ddb16

Re: Issues after update pack 3

Post by ddb16 »

OK some info. Athlon 605e cpu, asus mobo, integrated HD4250 graphics and i think a Lite-on multi dvd drive.
uname -a gives :-
mad-desktop 3.0.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Jul 24 02:24:44 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have tried selecting an earlier kernel at boot time but it makes no difference whatsoever.
I dual boot with Scientific 6.0. This also has an issue with the dvd in that it will take 20 mins to burn a disc
but with no cpu involvement. Otherwise it's nice and snappy.
If i boot up into puppy everything is fine and dvd's durn in about 6mins. ddb16
ddb16

Re: Issues after update pack 3 (possibly solved)

Post by ddb16 »

Fully removing an old graphics driver (fglrx) which was previously uninstalled but not competely uninstalled seems to brought about the resoration of my ability to suspend. Removing kexec-tools (which i had previously missed) has returned my reboot. I guess the dvd burning issue is not connected to the update as i'm having similar issues in Scientific. ddb16

Return to “LMDE Archive”