wireless drivers for mint releases

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
podagee

wireless drivers for mint releases

Post by podagee »

how about making mint standard with wireless drivers installed for bcm4311 computers.i am asking for it because i have a dell with a bcm4311 wireless card and almost every linux install i need to manually set it up.there are gonna be times now,due to my phone not supporting tethering and no ethernet cable available,when i am unable to do so.it would be pleasant if this would be taken into consideration.it seems that linux distro developers cater only to certain wireless drivers and we all do not have the same.thanks
asfak

Re: wireless drivers for mint releases

Post by asfak »

Yes, I agree. I have the same issue on my new install. Had to connect to wired connection to download the driver
podagee

Post by podagee »

now im getting really mixed feelings about mint 12 since it crashed hard core on me 3 times in the past 2 hours.just did a reinstall and now the sd reader wont even register.man oh man,if this doesnt work out by the final,im gonna have to put mac on my dell.theres seeming to be an array of issues with linux.i love it but im coming across a lot of new issues.not liking it
podagee

Post by podagee »

manually installing drivers for us is terrible they should make it sort of like windows to where its compatible with every computer
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

podagee wrote:standard with wireless drivers installed for bcm4311 computers
The drivers are installed but Broadcom do not allow their firmware to be distributed.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
podagee

Post by podagee »

okay thats a lot more understandable.thanks

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”