how do i remove mint menu from mint lisa?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jjforums

how do i remove mint menu from mint lisa?

Post by jjforums »

i want to remove the linux mintmenu from lisa because it useless to me, because i use gnome-shell, i want to know if its possible, or if is possible hide whole taskbar with the menu.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: how do i remove mint menu from mint lisa?

Post by richyrich »

advanced settings -> shell extensions
mrjoeyman

Post by mrjoeyman »

Rather than start a new thread for the same issue, I would like to include that I also use the gnome-tweak to remove the mint menu (actually the whole bottom panel). But.........when I do this I do it so I can remove the menu (for the same reason that the OP expressed; the gnome shell making it essentially useless) it only causes the menu to relocate itself to the top panel upon the next reboot (bottom panel still gone). Is it possible to keep this from happening? I, like the op, would like menu, not just the bottom panel gone. Thanks for any help, and thanks for the post.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

don't know, and I'm not going to try it. :wink:

but if you are unable get it out of the autostartup programs, perhaps you may want to try un-installing it from the package manager.
mrjoeyman

Post by mrjoeyman »

Hmm forgot about that. I do have alacarte, I will check to see if that works. :mrgreen:
bimsebasse

Post by bimsebasse »

The extension is called "Menu extension" and will disappear when you turn it off under "Shell Extensions" in the program Advanced Settings. Turning off the bottom panel extension only moves mint menu to the top panel.

If you want a default shell-ish experience, turn off bottom panel extension, window list extension and menu extension. The Smart Overview extension does more damage than good so I'd recommend that turned off as well.
mrjoeyman

Post by mrjoeyman »

Will do :)
mrjoeyman

Post by mrjoeyman »

Just like I like it! Works nicely!
yuhr123

Post by yuhr123 »

richyrich wrote:advanced settings -> shell extensions
Thank you very much!!!!
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

You can also uninstall it, it's the mgse-menu in software or package manager.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.

Return to “Software & Applications”